Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas is so close, now!

Can you believe Christmas is just a very few short days away?  I have done no scrapbooking in so long, now, it's embarrassing to admit.  But, I am looking forward to scrapping with Mel's beautiful holiday kits, once I have all of my Christmas photos organized. 


My challenge to myself, right now, is just to get my shopping, baking, and cards done.  4 days before Christmas!  I know....I pushed it, this year.  We had many life challenges that delayed everything. 
Have you been able to fit scrapbooking into your holiday preparations?  Did you check out the speedscrap at Sugarhill Co, this past Saturday?  I wasn't able to join in, but am looking forward to the next one, in the new year.
If you participated, please share your work!  We would all love to see what you came up with.

I wanted to share a layout from one of the CT members, kovaxka.  She always does these beautiful layouts with extractions - something I'm just not good at.  But, I'm thinking, in the new year, I should challenge myself and practice this technique more.  I hope you enjoy her work as much as I do!


The kit she used is Sweet Serenity.
What challenges you in scrapbooking?  Is there a new technique you're determined to master in the new year? 
I hope you all have a magical and blessed holiday season :)  See you in 2011!
-Sherry

No comments: