Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To Template or Not to Template...

How is scrapping going?  It's been a while since I've posted on the blog.  But, I've been having fun with different layouts and challenges.  I've discovered I'm really hooked on templates.  It made me wonder - how many digiscrappers out there rely on templates most of the time, and how many come up with their own original layouts?
Kristy recently posted this layout that is her own design, no template.  I thought it was beautiful, so had to share here:
2010-09-grandpa

The kit she used is "End of Summer Blues", which you can get at Gotta Pixel here.

I am very inspired to try doing more layouts without templates.  If you want to share any layouts you've done without templates, I'd love to see!  Leave a gallery link in the comment and I'll check it out!  And, if you are totally addicted to templates, remember Mel has many wonderful ones available in the stores at Gotta Pixel and Scrapbook-bytes.

Now - one last thing.  In my previous blog post, last month, I told you I was going to try the challenge that Sarah posted.  I haven't done it, yet.  But, that has made it to the top of my scrapbook priority list, and will show how it turned out when I post, again.
In the meantime, Happy Scrapping!
-Sherry

2 comments:

Mum-me said...

Hi, I am your newest follower.

I don't use templates at all but always make up my own. This is mostly because I don't know how to use them. I think they'd be great for those times you want to do a quick page - but one that you can choose the colours etc...

Sherry said...

Definitely! They can be a great time saver. The thing I love,is - since I'm not naturally creative, templates give me a starting point. I like to change things around - they're great that way - none of the pieces are stationary. So you can totally change the look. And then I love to "gussy it up" with lots of different elements. But, I admire people who have the vision of placement and do something totally unique - all without a template! I'm trying. I did another challenge, last night, using no template. I do like how it turned out, but it was nothing fancy, by any means!
-Sherry