Tuesday, August 10, 2010

G-A-B and an August Challenge

Hi!  This is my first time to post on the A+ Designs Blog.  I just recently joined the Creative Team, here.  The team members and my team leader are awesome - so creative and talented, and very helpful!  I have to tell you, I'm very recently a digi-scrapper convert - just three months, now, since I started doing it.  There is still so much to learn.  But, I'm very excited to be part of the team!
If you, too, are new to digital scrapbooking, I hope you'll be inspired and challenged by what you see here.

This week, at Scrapbook-Bytes, the Grab-A-Byte (GAB) sale is going on.  It's a great way to get pieces of kits for an inexpensive price!  I love what Mel put together for A+ Designs. It's called Summer Lovin. Check it out!! 
 Click Here
Here's what some of our CT did with it:

IntenseMagic











Kerry











IvoryKeys











and, my own layout











It's amazing how much I've learned in just a few months of doing digital scrapping.  But, there is still so much to figure out!  I'm so impressed with the extraction IvoryKeys did in her layout above.  In future blog posts, I'll highlight other techniques in others' layouts that I think is really cool. 
Something new I'm going to try this month is one of the challenges on Scrapbook Bytes - the August Bytes to Go.  You pick menu items to create your "meal."  Then, the moderator tells you what you've ordered, and you create your layout using only those pieces.  Did you ever do a "Sad Sack" dinner?  We did that in youth group when I was in high school.  All the parts of the dinner were called something unrelated - the diner picks 3 things for each course, and those things are cleared away between courses.  Forks, knives and spoons were included in the menu items.  So sometimes, people would get those three things for one course, and have nothing to eat with for the other courses.  Okay - that was a total digression...
Here is the link to the challenge.
click here

I'm very excited to try it.  If this interests you, of course we encourage you to try it with an A+ Designs kit.  If you do, I'd love to see how it turns out, and what your menu items consisted of.  I will share mine on my next post! 
Until next time, happy (and hopefully challenging) scrapping!
-Sherry





No comments: