Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do you like to challenge yourself?

I hope everyone is doing well, this week.  Here, in central Texas, school has begun.  My kiddo is only 3-1/2 and isn't in any school, yet.  But, several of my mama friends have kindergartners, this year.  Many emotions shared.  Makes me excited and a little sad for 2 years from now when my baby girl starts. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the fun we have together and enjoying the inspiration she gives me for scrapping. 
Here is one of my favorite pictures of her.  In this, I had fun getting the tag at the lower left corner to look like it was sewn into the ribbon. It took a steady hand and a little patience, but I got it!  I'm sure those who have been scrapping for a while think this is pretty basic, now, but for a newbie like me, it was a feeling of accomplishment to get it the way I wanted it to look.
The kit is Always and Forever, which you can get here.



















Have you learned a new technique that you'd like to show off?  I'd love to see!  So please comment and let me know!
In my last post, I told you about a challenge I tried at scrapbook-bytes.com.  I used the kit Dirt Don't Hurt, which you can get here
The challenge I did was Bytes to Go, and my "menu" ended up being:
2 plain papers
2 patterned
cluster your elements in any way
1 horizontal photo
add tags or put dates of the photo/s in your LO
add 8 elements

Here is my result:
 


















This was a fun challenge to do.  If you're curious about doing a scrapping challenge, I encourage you to go for it!  This particular one, which I believe is monthly, was a fun one to do for my first time. Or try the one that Sarah posted on this blog last Tuesday, the 17th.  I'm thinking I am going to try it out, myself.

Until next time - I encourage you to check out the beautiful kits Mel has available, and to challenge yourself.

No comments: