Friday, February 5, 2010

Cutest Valentines

My daughter came home last week and said she needed about 30 valentines for a party. She’s a freshman in high school so the standard stuff is not going to cut it any more. She really wanted to make cake pops, but I nixed that, too much time. I came up with this great idea to make labels for fun-size candy bars and hand those out. They turned out great and she loves them! I put as many labels as would fit into a word document, printed and cut them out. I wrapped them around the candy bar and taped it. You can use a glue stick if you want, I was just going for super easy. Here’s how they look:

DSCF0238 (600 x 450)

I used Mel’s newest kit, Love You to the Moon to make the labels. It’s brand new in the store and has a matching set of templates available as well. It’s on sale for only $4.00 at Scrapbook Bytes. Here’s a quick look:

Love You to the Moon preview

And if you made it this far, you’re in for a treat! I am giving away the label I made for free so you can make your own valentines. Just click on the image to download. Happy Valentine’s Day!

dj-loveyoutothemoon-wrapperfreebie-preview

5 comments:

Kerryt said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave DigiFree search engine today (look for timestamp: [05 Feb 03:37pm GMT]).

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Mel said...

This is FANTASTIC Dj!

Unknown said...

Very creative, I love it!